Let’s get together and Strike Up the Band!
March 9th from 7:30-10:30 PM
The Women of GJC are bringing together all the greatest musicians from the best Marching Bands, Jazz Bands, Rock and Roll Bands, and Big Bands throughout history to help us celebrate. The 2019 Purim Bash will be the best ever! What are you waiting for? Get your tickets and come on in! This Purim Bash promises fun for all ages! To download the RSVP form, click here
There’s so much fun to be had!
THE BAND ROOM (Silver Kiddush Lounge): Greet friends for hors d’oeuvres and a light bar with wine, beer, and soda before heading upstairs for the main event.
THE REHEARSAL HALL (Marcus Auditorium): The Main Event starts in “The Hall” with hors d’oeuvres and an open bar with wine, beer, whiskey and mixers. All night long you’ll be able to partake of the best medley of hot and cold items you and your bandmates can imagine, along with a sumptuous dessert buffet from the start. The night also includes:
- The best ever band tunes for dancing the night away, provided by our Band Leader DJ Michael Lazar.
- A lighthearted musical performance (Purim Spiel) by our most talented band members: Rabbi Zeff and the GJC Choir.
- A Silent Auction – with dozens of area restaurants and services represented.
- The best ever 5-Star Silent Auction and entertaining Live Auction offering amazing experiences and trips across the globe, such as tickets to the Super Bowl and other great sports venues; Trips to Italy, Africa and other amazing destinations; cultural events, including tickets to the Philadelphia Orchestra, Carnegie Hall, and the new Broadway musical “Tootsie”.
- For details on the many great auction items you’ll see, keep reading!
Excited for the auction? Details below!
In addition to over 50 Restaurant coupons to your favorites in the Philadelphia area, you’ll have a chance to bid on exciting experiences and trips near and far, such as – to name a few – concerts (the Philadelphia Orchestra, NYCity’s Carnegie Hall), trips (Sedona and Tuscany), theater (Broadway, Philadelphia Theater Company, and the Arden Theatre Company), Sports (76ers and Phillies), catering (Betty the Caterer and Centre Catering), bucket list opportunities (tickets to the Super Bowl), and much more.
Here’s your chance to get a sneak peek at this year’s 5 Star & Live Auction items! Look over the choices and come prepared to bid. Stay tuned and check back often as new items come in!
From a Washington DC apartment to New York to Africa and Italy, you’re sure to find your next mini or long vacation here!
From museums to theaters, concerts to one-of-a-kind radio show experiences, and a chance at seeing Stephen Colbert live, these auctions items will surprise and delight you!
Dream of dining out in a top restaurant? Always wanted to host a dinner party without all the work? Here’s the place to look!
These auction items offer a few opportunities to score amazing seats at the great Philly sports venues, take home some choice fan gear, or continue your own fitness goals!
Want to come, but need a sitter? We’ve got you covered with free kids’ programs!
Kids will have a great time marching to their own drums at the FREE events for children of Bash participants. (RSVP early to grab a spot for your kids!) To download the RSVP form, click here
- Piccolo Slumber Room for 6-month to 6-year-olds in GJC’s ECP run by ECP staff. Note: Five and six year olds have an age appropriate movie in a space away from the littlest guests and then are tucked in for sleep until you pick them up.
- Clarinet Practice Camp for 7 to 11 years olds in the Temin Canteen Room with movies, popcorn, treats and fun with friends for a memorable night. (Purim Costumes Optional)
CALLING ALL TEENS: Interested in doing a mitzvah? There are many opportunities to volunteer at this year’s Purim Bash, and in the process, help make this annual fundraiser a huge success! Contact Rebekah Neilson (email@example.com) for opportunities!
Ready to get your tickets?
It’s so simple! Fill out the registration form (To download the RSVP form, click here) mail it to GJC with your check or scan your RSVP and email to Nan Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 23 to participate in any and all of these activities.
$50/person, $45/person for 10-person table, $36 for 36 and under
Patrons $200 per ticket (includes one non-member guest ticket)
Sponsors $150 per ticket
The Purim Bash is sponsored by the Women of Germantown Jewish Centre (WGJC) with additional thanks to the Wolfe Family Foundation’s support. YOUR PARTICIPATION IS IMPORTANT! The Purim Bash provides WGJC with critical funds for numerous GJC activities and programs, including but not limited to: Building Beautiful program which updates and maintains our spaces and resources (recent examples: new Torah covers, lighting on Ten Commandments), Women’s Shabbat and Scholar-in-Residence Weekend, contribution to the High Holiday Kiddush, Shabbat and High Holiday child care, meaningful contributions to the Religious School and other youth programs and activities, timely and enriching adult programs on current topics, just-for-fun activities for all members, and significant assistance to GJC’s operating budget. Thank you for your contributions and support. We look forward to seeing you at the Purim Bash!