The reasons for joining Germantown Jewish Centre are as diverse as our congregants. We call ourselves a “community of communities” because we provide a multitude of opportunities for connecting meaningfully with others–multiple prayer communities for adults and children; Jewish education classes for members of all ages; family-friendly holiday celebrations and social events; and social action programs designed to “repair our world” here in Philadelphia and beyond.
Whichever pathway you choose to enter GJC, you become part of a warm and welcoming community with whom you will share the most significant events in your life from births, b’nai mitzvah and weddings to funerals and memorial services. GJC is a pluralistic, egalitarian synagogue affiliated with the Conservative movement. We embrace difference and welcome all Jews regardless of background or sexual orientation.
What Does It Mean To Be A Member?
We invite you to create a space for yourself here at GJC. The community is here to hold one another in times of great joy as well as sorrow. We are a place for forging friendships and learning together, and we want you to join us! Your membership makes possible all our regular services and programming. We couldn’t be here without the support that members provide.
- Rabbinic support, which includes pastoral counseling and teaching as well as spiritual guidance during times of transition
- Tickets to High Holiday services
- Discounted enrollment fees for our Adult Education courses
- Lower fees for our Early Childhood Program
If you are still deciding whether GJC is the right place for you, we suggest that you:
- Contact Natalie Lyalin, our Membership Outreach Coordinator, to set up a time to talk about GJC with her or the Rabbi, 215-844-1507, ex. 16 or email@example.com
- Join us for a service, attend a program or register for a class. Prospective members are always welcome!
- Browse our website to get a sense of our diverse community and all of the programs and services that you will benefit from as a synagogue member
- Learn more about Our Community before taking the plunge.
You can download our Membership Application here:
Cost should never be a barrier to membership: if you want to be part of this community, we want your here! Dues adjustments are available if you have special financial needs. Please contact Natalie Lyalin, Membership Outreach Coordinator, at 215-844-1507, ex. 16 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a membership agreement that works for you.