The Germantown Jewish Centre Early Childhood Program is a special place for young children from 6 months of age through 5 years of age and for their families. Through the lens of Jewish culture and tradition, our children learn about themselves, and the world around them.
The Early Childhood Program is a Jewish Preschool that offers Half-Day and Full Day Programs as well as Early and Late Day Care. We are open to all, with priority admission given to synagogue member families. Our dedicated and talented staff are committed professionals. The preschool environment, created by our outstanding staff, is warm, nurturing and creative. The staff takes interest in all of the children and a family atmosphere is created throughout the school. We believe that every moment is a teachable moment and we are committed to instilling this belief in our children.
The preschool follows the yearly cycle of the Jewish holidays. Each week is highlighted by the Friday Shabbat celebration. Jewish culture, traditions and values are woven into our curriculum. Through Mitzvot (commandments), Tzedakah (charity) and Tikun Olam (repairing the world), the children learn to respect themselves, others and the world they live in.
Germantown Jewish Centre Early Childhood Program is dedicated to encouraging children to:
- Develop self-esteem; know that they are loved and that they have a special place in the world.
- Respect all people and value their differences
- Have a strong identification with Judaism and the Jewish people
- Develop cognitive, social-emotional, language, and physical skills
We encourage families to become:
- Partners with the school in the education of their children
- Participate in our school community
- Our program stresses “learning through doing” using a multisensory approach and emphasizes the importance of play. We understand that children’s work is play. The teachers utilize many learning styles to engage the children and allow for individual differences. Through this approach the staff assists in the development of cognitive, social-emotional, language, and physical skills.
The curriculum consists of the children learning:
- Shape Recognition
- Letter Recognition
- Color Differentiation
- Color Differentiation
- Spatial Concepts
- Motor Skill Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Science, Units-Dinosaurs, Space, Ocean, Animals
- Weekly Hebrew
- Weekly Music/Yoga Classes