Every Year Women of GJC’s Fund Raising provides:
- $25,000 annually for GJC’s operating budget which supports our building, services and religious activities
- $18,000 annually for the Religious School and other youth programs
- Childcare on Shabbat and High Holidays
- Readers and Challah Helpers for ECP
- Holiday Treats and gifts for our young children and college students
- Women’s Shabbat Scholar-in-Residence Weekend
- Little Shop (Judaica and other gift shopping for children and adults)
- Enriching programs
- Building Beautiful Projects throughout the synagogue
Your participation in Women of GJC membership helps make it possible for many projects and vital programs to take place. You can also help collaborate with other women of GJC, to help fund critical projects that enhance the synagogue community.
Even if your time is limited, your talents are always welcome. Join us in attending any of our enriching programs and share your ideas and interests. Let us know if you’d like to work on a project from home or have ideas for a program or new project.
Strength Through Women of GJC
Membership dues sustain the infrastructure of GJC that directly affects you.
Annual Women of GJC dues are just $45.00. You can pay these dues in two different ways. If you prefer to send a check for $45.00, please see the information below. If you would prefer to pay online, there is a small credit card processing fee.
If you prefer, send a check made out to Women of GJC to: Women of GJC, Attn: Addie Lewis Klein – Dues, 400 W. Ellet Street, Phila., PA 19119
- Over 90 years of age? We would like to honor you. No payment required.
- New GJC member as of June 2017? No payment required. Complimentary WC membership for 2017-2018.
You may not currently be able to plan or organize programs or attend Women of GJC events, but know we are working for you. Where do your dollars go? To encourage you to pay your dues, we want to be financially transparent.
Your Women of GJC membership goes a long way!
- Are you a parent of a child in the Religious School? Your child’s tuition is being supplemented. Women’s Club raises and gives $18,000 annually to the Religious School. This is 20% of our budget and 11% of the Religious School’s operating budget.
- Are you a parent who uses the babysitting services on Shabbat? Women’s Club pays for that service.
- Are you a parent of a child in college, Religious School or ECP? Women’s Club helps to keep your child connected and pays for Holiday gifts and greetings.
- Do you use GJC’s internet service, receive e-mails, leave phone messages or search events and schedules on the GJC website? Women’s Club gives $25,000 annually to support GJC’s operating budget. This is 29% of the Women’s Club budget and 70% of GJC’s tech budget.
- Where do the rest of our funds go? Women’s Shabbat and Scholar-in-Residence, Programs, Building Beautiful and Community Support to name just a few.
We would love to see you at our meetings, events and planning opportunities, until then, please join Women of GJC by becoming a member.
Questions? Please contact Peninah Berdugo.
Thank you for your support!