At GJC, the High Holidays showcase the diversity of our community and the wide variety of spiritual experiences available here. We have something for everyone, from traditional prayer services, inspiring study sessions, and meditation groups for adults and teens to engaging services and activities for children of all ages. We look forward to sharing all that we are and all that we offer with you. If you have questions about our services and programming or are interested in becoming a GJC member, please email Kate Lawn at email@example.com. L’Shanah Tovah! We are thrilled to have you with us!
HIGH HOLIDAY PRAYER BOOK COORDINATION
This year, as we cannot meet in person for services, Germantown Jewish Centre will be lending each member household 1 prayerbook for the High Holidays to be able to follow along with services. The Men’s Club is coordinating this effort. You can make arrangements to purchase additional machzorim from the Little Shop by contacting Marcy Bacine. We encourage you to come to GJC (wearing your mask!) for contactless pick up outside of the Charry Lobby parking lot doors on one of the following dates:
- Sunday, August 16 from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Thursday, August 27 from 1:00-3:00 PM
If you are unable to come to the Centre for any reason, a volunteer will do a contactless drop off at your home. Please email Dick Menin to coordinate a delivery time.
PURCHASE HIGH HOLIDAY GUEST TICKETS
GJC members and those who have purchased guest tickets will have access to all the services and programs throughout the High Holidays. The Charry Sanctuary Service will livestream on our Mixlr and StreamSpot links and can be accessed by the general public.
Purchase High Holiday Guest Tickets if you are a GJC member
Purchase High Holiday Guest Tickets if you are not a GJC member
Inquire about becoming a GJC member by emailing Kate Lawn, Program & Membership Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL HIGH HOLIDAY INFORMATION
- Remote access: We will provide multiple ways to attend High Holiday services and programs remotely.
- Zoom: Zoom links for all services and programs will be sent out to all members and those who have purchased guest tickets in advance via email. To maintain security, links will not be posted on our website or on social media, and we ask that you not share links with non-members or those that do have guest tickets.
- Video stream: The Charry Sanctuary service and Oscar Bregman Memorial Program will be broadcast on our StreamSpot video stream, available on our website or at this link. While it is not interactive, this broadcast will provide a higher video and audio quality than is available over Zoom without the security problems that come with an interactive system.
- Audio stream: As they have been for many years, all services will be broadcast on our Mixlr audio stream, available on our website or at this link.
- Multiple options: Diversity is the hallmark of our Jewish lives at GJC, and we will, as usual, be offering multiple options for celebrating the High Holidays in addition to services and programs coming from the Charry Sanctuary:
- Kol D’mamah: Contemplative services focusing on meditation and chanting will be offered on each day of the High Holidays via Zoom.
- Children & Family Services: Age-appropriate services will be offered on Zoom at specific time slots on each day of the High Holidays.
- Charry Sanctuary Service will be holding services on Zoom, StreamSpot, and Mixlr (see above) for the High Holidays.
- Minyan Masorti will be holding services on Zoom for the High Holidays. For more information, please contact Lawrence Charap.
- Minyan Dorshei Derekh will also be holding Zoom services on the High Holidays. For more information, please contact Mark Pinsky.
PROGRAMS, SPECIAL EVENTS, AND BEIT MIDRASH – details coming soon!
Erev Rosh ha-Shanah JAM Family Program
Erev Rosh ha-Shanah Musical Service: Singing in the New Year
Kol Nidrei Food Drive
Yom Kippur Oscar Bregman Memorial Program